Sunday, August 21, 2011

You Know School is about to Start When...

Tomorrow I begin my third year at college.  I can't believe that I'm already a junior in college.  Where has the time gone?  It felt like yesterday that I was a junior in high school and now I have a brother who's a junior in high school and I'm in college.  Sometimes I still can't fathom it.  I have spent most of my summer studying like crazy and it paid off.  I passed OChem! Barely, but I passed.  Now I begin the next semester of OChem and I am determined to do better this semester.  That means I will pretty much spend from now until December studying, in case you never hear from me.  Nevermind that's a fact, you will never hear from me.  Despite this I am still kind of excited to start a new semester of school.  And so I am taking a few of my precious free moments to reflect upon school and what it means.  With school starting tomorrow I have noticed that you can always tell its that time of the year by certain signs.  Here are some that I've noticed.

You know school is about to start when...

1.  You can number the days of freedom left on one hand, and you begin to hear comments like "There is no way school starts in 4 days."  Or you can mentally calculate the your dwindling hours of summer.

2. Most of your remaining free time is spent running errands to every place imaginable.  Such as the mall, grocery store, atlantis, bookstore, campus, narnia, more clothing stores, walmart, etc. (I didn't really visit narnia or atlantis this week because if I had I wouldn't be worrying about school).

3. School supplies are stuffed in bags around the room.  My favorite part about school is the new supplies, not clothes, but pencils, pens, notebooks, and everything else.  I know I am a freak.

4. You have spent more time in a dressing room then your actual room.  This is an exaggeration, but then again one hour of clothing shopping feels like an eternity to me.

5.  You had to sell your soul, or another suitable payment in the form of limbs or first children, to pay for books/tuition/fees/whatever else they deem necessary for education.  Not the truth but close to it.  Still worth it though.

6.  Desks become piled with the ridiculously huge textbooks you just bought.

Yes, I am taking OChem II, Calculus III, and Physics
Hence the reason I have become a self proclaimed hermit

7.  You are regularly attacked by items falling out of your fridge and freezer.

You thought I was joking about being attacked. 
My daily routine includes an exciting game of fridge/freezer jenga. 

8.  Communication in regards to little things is non existent.  Hence our apartment has a bajillion bunches of bananas.
At least we will get our daily fruit intake

9. You realize you probably should figure out how to work your alarm clock again.  Hitting the snooze will come naturally so no need to refresh that particular habit.

10.  You get really excited for school while planning and preparing to get to all of your new classes and learn lots of new subjects.  Truthfully I am really excited for school and to learn new stuff.  This semester is going to be hard, but I will find a way to enjoy myself.  I do love to learns!

No comments:

Post a Comment