Thursday, September 8, 2011

Cocoa Krispies and Chaos

Sometimes I amaze myself with how random I can be.  My thought process can be especially random particularly if my roommate decides to join in on the randomness.  My last bit of random was last night.  I was planning on getting to bed before 11 because I have class at 7:30 in the morning on Thursdays.  Yet last night I found myself sitting in bed at midnight discussing with my roommate how I could fill a swimming pool with cocoa rice krispies.  Yeah, talk about random.  This discussion was prompted by the fact that my new lotion that contains cocoa butter makes me smell like I went swimming in a pool of cocoa rice krispies.  So in case you were wondering or have a dire necessity to fill a pool with cereal today here are the facts.  I started with a pool that was 4meters x 3meters x 2meters.  Meters just made the calculations easier, and hey I am a science major.  I then found it would take 6,350 gallons of milk to completely fill the pool.  Then I found that it would take 8,255 boxes of cocoa rice krispies to fill the pool.  My roommate and I discussed the perfect cereal to milk ratio and determined it to be about 2 boxes of cereal to a gallon of milk.  So when all is said and done you will need 2,167 gallons of milk and 5,503 boxes of cereal.  This will only cost you about 42,000 dollars assuming you could find an empty pool.  The result of this madness is that I fully intend to one day fill a pool with cocoa rice krispies and swim in it (even if its a kiddie pool).  Consider it added to the bucket list.  You have now had a very small glimpse into the madness/randomness that I call my mind, in which I live everyday.

On a different note, my life is crazy hectic.  Downtime is a thing of the past, with the exception of my sunday nap.  I am only taking 16 credit hours of math and science classes.  I then use my ample amounts of free time working my job at the restaurant a minimum of 3 nights a week and teaching dance once a week.  I then try and squeeze only 5-6 hours of homework in each night I am not working.  So with all my extra time I am of course initiating world peace and ending world hunger, or in reality finding a spare moment here or there to watch a movie with my roommates or read for pleasure.  Remember how I was planning on becoming a self proclaimed hermit this semester. Ha! That was the understatement of the year.  Forget being a hermit,  I just dropped off the face of the planet and have no contact with the outside world.  Ok, maybe I exaggerate a little, but only a little.  Regardless, I am really enjoying my classes for the most part, though I could do without physics homework due on saturday morning.  All in all I plan to keep on enjoying my learning experience and also getting the most out of every spare moment I get to relax.  I am mildly surprised I even found the time to write in my blog.  So long, farewell, until we meet again.

No comments:

Post a Comment