Sunday, October 16, 2011

Fabulous Fall Break

I have been off school for an entire week and decided to pack it full with as many fun adventures as possible.  This is the first time I actually went somewhere for break and didn't spend my time doing nothing of significance.  So to begin the chronicling of my adventures.

It began last saturday by spending the day catching up with my old roommate and baking a ginormous, ugly, but delicious cupcake.  We frosted it too soon and so it started melting, despite its ugly duckling appearance it tasted great.
We added the straws to complete the ugliness

I spent sunday relaxing and monday running a bunch of errands before going to work.  Luckily I got out of work early and headed down to spend quality time with my brothers for the night.  Come Tuesday morning I packed up and headed south for a little road trip to good old St. George, UT.  The first thing I did when I got there was order myself a fabulous pina colada bubble tea.  What's bubble tea you ask? Why only the most fantastic drink ever! It is pretty much a slushy type drink with big tapioca balls/bubbles in the bottom and you drink it with a huge straw so that you get the bubbles.  It looks like this.

After my bubble tea stop I headed to my grandpa's.  He took me to see a intense game of pickleball.  Of which I had never heard of.  Apparently its very poplar especially with retired people.  Its kinda of like ping-pong but played on a tennis court with a larger ball.  Interesting to watch, but still no one could answer the pressing question of why the game was named after pickles.  The world may never know.  We had a delicious dinner out and then spent the night playing card games.

Wednesday I woke up extremely early and drove to Las Vegas to drop my grandpa off at the airport.  I then spent a wonderful day in Las Vegas with my mom.  Our adventures began by wandering the various hotels with a croissant in one hand and a diet pepsi in the other.  I hadn't seen most of the hotels and loved seeing all the artwork and various architecture.  We spent the morning browsing the hotels and then the shops.  We ate delicious chocolate from some place and it was a heavenly experience to be sure.  I also was able to see tons of amazing cakes!  Someday I plan on being an amazing cake decorator, the cupcake above is not to be used as evidence to the contrary.  After a quick lunch we took a lovely nap by the beautiful venetian pool.  Then we drove back to St. George to see The Little Mermaid.  This show was the whole reason for the road trip and it was fabulous! The entire production was superb and I loved every minute of it.  I even came away with a super awesome little mermaid cup that is now my prized possession.  Seriously though I think I ought to be a mermaid, before or after becoming an amazing cake decorator I am not to picky the timing of events.  Here are a few photos of my adventure.
Me in front of...I have no idea where I am actually

The amazing Bellagio ceiling of glass

The Bellagio had an area full of plants in autumn festive shapes.
These are horses if you can see them.

A cool water mill 

More of the beautiful plants.  At which time my camera decided 
to take an unpaid vacation because it hates me.  So no more cool Las Vegas pics.


Thursday morning it was sadly time to pack up and get home to Salt Lake City.  On my way out of town I of course stopped and got another bubble tea.  Have I mentioned how much I simply love bubble tea?  The trip home was uneventful and then it was off to teach my amazing ballet classes.  We started their christmas dance and I hope it turns out well.  My weekend since has consisted of chemistry demonstrations for elementary kids, relaxing, working and not much else. Also I have been totally in to doing creative things with my nails and these are the results.
These are my cool newspaper nails.  The words got a bit smudged.

This is my thumb, which I love the most because it says 
Goose Girl, which happens to be one of my favorite books.
It also says Ella from Ella Enchanted, another favorite.

And these are my current nails.  I tried out my awesome new
shatter nail polish. They look awesome.

Now I am off to bake some muffins for the upcoming week of school.

No comments:

Post a Comment